Friday 1 May 2015

Second Week of Unit X

So this week I have been focusing on making as many samples as I can till the Easter Break. From this I intend to develop my research, designs, and techniques, also think about what my context would be focused on. From the Blackpool visit, I have been attracted to the shapes, surfaces, and colours of the Daleks in the illumination factory. The lights that are created by hand also made me think about how I could posibly include that concept withing my work...





Furthermore into research, I signed on for the Platt hall museum which is a museum close to the university campus. From this visit, I was able to gather more research on something that I have wanted to work on for so long; wedding dresses. Most of the collection was based on the fashion trends from over 80 years ago to this decade. It was fascinating to see the transition in colour as well as the hand embroidery done with hand. From this I am planning to carry out the hand embroidery out onto my developing samples which will hopefully carry onto my final piece/ pieces.








So from this research trip, I have done as many samples I could alongside my Blackpool trip samples.


Blackpool Samples:









Platt Hall Samples:

Hand stitch samples
Sample made from henna.
Intertwined this sample with handprints from above samples by experimenting.

The colour theme that I have going on seems to be very minimal. I think this is because of the wedding gowns that interested me. From past projects, I have worked with a lot of found and everyday materials to create my samples. So, this is something that I will take into consideration throughout my journey in Unit X.


Friday Drawing:

This drawing session was all about zooming into the images we took from our research trips and picking out random key colours and patterns. I found this really helpful because from an image you don't really tend to focus on the tiny details such as different shades of colours used in some areas. from this I was able to take away the obvious patterns and work very finely.

No comments:

Post a Comment