Saturday 20 December 2014

Sampling Evaluation - Week Two

Development on Colour Palettes and Themes.

My colour themes did not relate to my research as they were in the colour moods of different shades of greys and whites. I feel that I have critically gone down the path of experimenting with different shades of colour palettes. Therefore, I found it difficult to stick to one group.
Development on Hand drawn motifs on Photoshop
 
 
In this session I basically whitened the white areas of motif and darkened the dark areas. Towards the end, started making my own stripe motifs using Photoshop techniques.
Friday Drawing
This Friday drawing day I think showed my strongest point in use of colour and also the decision on placing the objects. My Croquis (sketch) I feel have been chosen well from the colour palettes. Also the patterns and objects placed within the space looks as though it is cut from a large material. This was the intention. I've noticed that I work very detailed so if I was to work towards a deadline in creating these samples, his would be difficult.
So far in this rotation, I feel like I have not been able to understand the concept behind the different motifs. For example I didn't understand what the tossed all over motif meant. However, by refining my ideas and developing them more than expected and learning from mistakes, in the end I eventually realised what each motif is meant by it and also how it would look like if it were to be cut off randomly from a piece of material. Critically analysing my work so far is that, I feel that I get carried away with refining one motif when I should be refining other motifs and not just sticking to one.

No comments:

Post a Comment