Saturday 20 December 2014

Sampling Evaluation - Week One

Visual Research Trip to Manchester Museum for Sampling

From this trip I found myself looking at collections of a variety of materials: the development of humans bone and skull shapes and also animals, collections of coins used in the United Kingdom thousands of years ago. Shapes and textures of theses skulls were interesting to look at. It also developed my theoretical thinking about how I can interpret the width and softness of lines onto material.

From looking at collections and lists, making my own collections of buttons, coins, images etc. broadened my design developments and also which drawing materials would be best to bring out, the quality of lines.

Colour palettes used and developed upon my topic of skeletons and buttons. This palette was a sample of how different tones of colours make a huge difference in a painting. Therefore: the colour that I will select will have an impact on my final outcome. 

Drawing Day - Thumbnails of Initial Design Ideas

Placement, Stripes & All Over.



No comments:

Post a Comment