Saturday 20 December 2014

Origins Evaluation - Embroidary

This rotation is the one that I have been looking forward to since starting in September. In college I really enjoyed my experience on the domestic machines, industrial machines and several other embroidery sewing machinery that was available to me. Observing objects and reflecting on them using techniques we had learnt at the beginning of rotation was odd for me at first because I have had weaknesses in drawing very detailed. However with this topic, I feel that I have improved my drawing skill immensely. Drawing with domestic machines was a huge exercise as it challenged my patience most of the time. Through this experience I noticed that I apply to much speed on the foot pedal, which then leads to my samples either becoming scrunched up because of the tension/ speed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment