Saturday 20 December 2014

Origins Evaluation - Construct

For inspiration on my first weave sampled, I observed this object of an earring.  To begin my weave, I had selected two main colours (blue and gold thread).  By continuing this weave, I started to wonder off into the patterns, colours and textures of the different types of thread and wool that I had access to. This became a problem because I had forgotten which construction process and pattern I had used to create the designs; therefore I was unable to repeat the pattern or close the weave by symmetrically building the pattern.  This experience became an aim that I had to improve upon at the end of my time in weave.
 

In this weave, nature played a huge part in the colour perception. Different shades of green were just an experimentation to see if the different textures and colour could possibly relate to my leaf drawing. This sample was mostly an experimental, as you can tell by the little hoops within the weave. The technique does not link anyhow with my object. However, by looking at the negative space around the leaf, it inspired me to carry out the circle shape onto the weave.
 
To develop my ability to remember which construction process I used for a certain pattern, I started noting down where each shaft should be and for how long throughout the process. This increased my ability and knowledge to work quicker and improve the quality of my weaving samples. Colour pallets were also a huge help as I was able to gather material I needed and how much I intended to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment