Sunday 1 February 2015

Mixed Media Sampling Evaluation - Week Two

Week two was a really difficult for me as I was absent for the laser into, which caused my lack of knowledge within laser cutting session. From week one I was aware of the fact that I had to have some designs ready for laser cutting in order to get a sense how it works, and what effects can be created from the laser. This was my chosen design for the trial and error session, simple. The design was developed from looking at this particular piece of interpretation that I did of an artwork that I saw at the museum. It was also inspired by the developed motifs. by looking at the motifs as a whole picture, the main shapes that were brought forward were circles.

Laser cutting session, Mine in the process.

Outcome





The results of laser cutting did not really turn out the way I wanted it to. The laser had cut through the wood and created little pieces. This was because of the colour I commanded from the computer; red. red is the technique that cuts out the selected lines. So I was left with tiny little wood pieces from my sample. On the second drawing session, my tutor recommended that instead of throwing the pieces away, I could recreate numerous samples. Here they are.








No comments:

Post a Comment