Friday 13 May 2016

Unit X | Educator Key Blog Post 3

From the Educator Unit, I have learnt several things. Some I have gone into depths of researching and some have left me asking questions. Relating this back to my practice, I would say that I have always use the public audience to sell/ aim my work. I still feel the same about why I do this; it brings everyone together and it is not just one person’s work – shared work. I really have enjoyed this Unit as it has allowed me to be myself and learn many things. It has also given me the assurance that this is what I want to do; work with young people.

There are millions of ways of learning and teaching. One specific way that I’ve found a new way of learning is; doodling or playing with practice while listening to someone speak be it a tutor, friend or stranger. From experience, teachers have always told me off for doing these things while they were teaching. Therefore, this is why we were first set to discuss the ‘best’ and ‘worst’ teachers that we had. From research, people discussed that in order to find your ‘teaching style’ you would have to reflect on your own experience and see what worked and what did not.
I hoped that the collaborative work would have been successful however, it was the complete opposite. One out of the three workshops have only been successful where planning as a team worked. I had never experience collaborative work to be let down before so may be this is why I was unable to pick up the pieces and carry on. This is defiantly something that I will need to work on as not everything will out while teaching or giving out a workshop in the future. So what I need to do is have a backup plan at all times. Another skill that needs improving is the idea planning a workshop. I need to adapt lessons to the time limits and abilities of individuals.
At the beginning of the unit, I was unsure about several things about what to after graduating. Now that it has come to the end of the Educator Programme, I feel like I have a set mind on what I want to do, need to do and how to get where I need to be. My ambitions for the future now is to defiantly do several more workshops to get used to the atmosphere and then do a PGCE. What I am still unsure of is what age group I would like to teach in. However, hopefully I get the gist of it in my third year of my degree.

No comments:

Post a Comment