Monday 8 February 2016

08/02/16 Week Six | Self Initiated

For further inspiration, I went to visit the new collection by Tibor Reich at the Whitworth Art Gallery. instantly I noticed that this artist works in columns as my primary images were all lines like this. after further investigation to how detailed his work is, I noticed that he used the same technique. For example, orange background with a black motif on top. Another design would be a black background with an orange motif. This simplicity gave me the thought of how my images also include that technique so why not do that while sampling?
 


The next collection that I came across was this wallpaper collection by several artists combined. what attracted me was that the colours used weren't your typical colours you would see in someone home.




My favourite one would have to be this piece by an artist called Edward Veevers. Why? because the colours used are so complementing to each other and there was also an unusual texture to it.

 

From the visual research, interpreting them through my drawings gave me a boost to making samples. I continued using the structure of panels within my drawings all the way through my samples.


These are my samples; inspired by my visit to the Whitworth.




No comments:

Post a Comment