Monday 18 January 2016

18/01/16 Week Three | Self Initiated


 
I began creating samples from what I thought was 'natural disaster' forms. For example, we have no control over fire so I used that concept of using fire on my material as the image shows above.
 
From reviewing with my peers and my tutors on what I've been doing so far, we agreed that using black is not an option. So to get out of my comfort zone, I should avoid using black and focus on the subtle colours in my images. we also discussed the materials I was using was not the best; my primary images are strongly structured in panels and the materials I was using were light and had no body to them.

I still have the confidence in using the embellisher for this project as it one of the machines I enjoy using. I also have the ability of creating two sided fabrics which amazes me without realising every time I create a sample.

No comments:

Post a Comment