Sunday 22 November 2015

23/11/15 - Intentions Unit Evaluation

My journey throughout the Intentions unit has been a really interesting one. I feel like I've had a lot up downs rather than ups but kept pushing myself to work harder and find what suits my skill set, when working with materials, machines and techniques. My focus was mainly on monochrome colours and circular shapes in this unit as you could probably tell by scrolling through my blog! I wouldn't say I have necessarily enjoyed this unit as I worked with a familiar colour  palette; first year first unit.. I felt some sort of breakthrough towards the end of the unit when I gathered all my work together and saw how everything came together. All my research didn't really all link together as I did steer the wrong way halfway through the unit. This was maybe because I was too cautious about getting the overall sample done rather than working in detail and thinking about my mark making. If I had more time or had the chance to do this unit again, I think I would have explored with colour more. One major thing I would have developed in is the 3D structures of my materials when they have been distressed by the embellisher. I can see that technique developing into something as a structural/ installation piece.


I feel like I have found my way around working with the embellisher and how I can make different marks and also develop on them.

My top eight samples;








No comments:

Post a Comment