Thursday 5 November 2015

05/11/15 - Feedback

From the critical feedback I began organising my samples and planning what to do with them beforehand as you can see in Fig 1.

Fig 1





This sample is one of my favoured one as it is 3D and has different textures within it. It also links in well with my drawings as it has shadings.


This sample was a accidental one but I continued with it because of the effect it gave off and it was simple to create and required minimal techniques; meshed well with my concept which complex and minimal.


 

A lot of the samples did not go to plan as machines were not able to work with the materials because of the thickness of it or the threads/ cotton balls I was using. Therefore, I was left to work with something else which I found challenging but I had to question;
what materials can I use?
what machines will be willing to work with them?
how can I bring two or more materials together if necessary?


From this unit so far, I have noticed that I work better at sampling with materials first rather than drawing on paper. From today's review, my peers recommended that I could draw from my drawings so this is something that I will be developing on in the last few weeks left of the unit and also in the future.

From looking at all my samples that I have done so far, I have noticed that my work is lacking in the hand stitching area. So to recover from this area, I began doing simple hand stitching on some of my samples that I learnt last year. This can bee seen below in Fig 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment