Thursday 8 October 2015

08/10/15 - Visual Research Drawings

For research week, I focused on objects that required minimal colour and shapes. These are the everyday objects that I came across; that I think linked well with my intention of minimal colour use.

reflection of bus stop window
Vase details


One of my henna designs
Rock path in Piccadilly Gardens
After a weeks worth of research, I felt as though I hit a wall on what else I could look at. During today's tutorial, we were shown these samples created by the previous year and what they had created. I am really inspired by these specific drawing technique as it is something unusual and something that I myself am into.

bleach used on the outside of the circle.
bleach used on the inside of the circle.


A collection of circles being used in different techniques to make the ink bleed. 
My primary images and interpreted drawings of them









This image was inspired by the work done by the previous year. It was fascinating to see how watercolours and acrylic react. This is something that I could see developing in this unit.


Out of all my drawings so far, this is my favourite. the techniques used here was mainly blending charcoal with water colour and then applying gold paint through a henna tube. Applying the gold colour using the henna technique; I found it really useful as I have control over it from doing actual henna on different areas of the body.

No comments:

Post a Comment