Friday 15 April 2016

Unit X | Week Three 15/04/16

This week was about body language and the different types of feedback. Therefore, after watching a presentation by Amy Cuddy | Ted | YouTube | Moodle about body language. We were first set out to do was act out four scenes: teacher with extremely higher control, students with higher roles, equality and reality all within a classroom setting. What I took away from this was that even when we are discussing our stories of body language that our teachers used in school, you could see how people were feeling just by looking at the way they were communicating and listening in the group.

I feel like that body language does not necessarily express ones emotions. For example, I would usually sit down with my arms cross because most of the time I am feeling cold. However, when I give presentations to a group of my peers that I know and to a crowd of strangers, I will tend to stand in one place and not make eye contact to my audience. I feel like these are just some things that I need to work on.



Types of feedback...




Constructive feedback:
Where you guide/tell someone how well or where he/ she could improve on his/ her work. Suggestions could be provided to improve their skills for better results.

One to one:
I feel like this is the best method to use for feedback. It gives both student and teacher to communicate with each other and give the student a chance to ask s questions. It also give them both the opportunity to discuss any hardship outside the subject that they may be facing and what there is out there to help them.

Feedback from peers| good or bad?
From experience, peer group feedback can be useful as you see these people mostly every day and they know more about your work than tutors do because they have seen you making them and your intentions behind it.

Critical feedback:
From experience, this is one of the feedback techniques that I have sworn by not to use myself. I feel like this method degrades a person and their work when they have work hard.

Let them ask questions:
This practise allows not only the students to ask question but also the person giving feedback. This is the most comfortable way to give feedback I think.

Being anonymous:
Personally, I find this method a bit weird even after I have tried it. The person that is receiving the feedback doesn’t really get to say anything whether it be harsh, constructive or kind comment

Do not be direct:
Instead of saying, ‘you did not use any artists for inspiration’. In other words, ‘I would recommend artists research for further findings.’

Written feedback:
This method is more of a one-way system as you get a written report on your work. Sometimes students cannot respond because there are many notes noted down. These are either handed to them on a sheet or through email. This does not give the students a chance to explain themselves or ask what they can do to improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment